Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Surley We Can Change (something)

hey guys sorry i haven't been able to really write or get any pictures up, the internet here is realllllly slow hah.
and ive been really busy.
i have some pictures from massesse, where we fed the children, it was so intense, ive never seen that many HUNGRY children, it was truly heart breaking. All i had to do was hand out some oranges (which are green in Uganda hah) and i could barley keep my composure. Almost none of them had decent clothes. I would talk more about it but i dont have time.
Sunday I met all of the suubi women. They are the funniest group of women ive ever met in my life. They are so full of life and joy, i love it.
Yesterday I met a little girl named Peace.
Her father was murdered before she was born and because of that her mother had to turn to prostitution, or in her words "my mother had to go into bars and sleep with many men". Peace's mother contracted HIV, and died. She now lives with her uncle and aunt, who can barley afford her school fees.
This isnt the first story ive heard like this here. they live in such despair but they have so much hope. Peace taught me a Ugandan hand game, with snaps and claps and all that jazz and it was sung to the tune of i wish you a merry christmas. hah.
I walk a couple of miles a day, and my one side of my neck is incredibly sun burnt, not the other haha. i love it here.
i still havent gotten my shots, but dont worry they are coming in from Kampala soon, i did get my malaria medicine though.
my email is not working here so if you want to communitcate with me this is the best means.
i wish i could tell you guys more but im really out of time and i have to go.
i love you all, and miss you terribly.
pictures are comming soon.

where there is pain
let us bring grace
where there is suffering
let us bring serenity
for those afraid
help them be brave
surley we can change
something.

7 comments:

Becky said...

:)

mags4him said...

So good to hear from you sweetie. I know how full your time must be there. I wish that I could be there serving with you. Have you seen any little girls with the pillow-case dresses on?
Can't wait to see pictures. Praying that God will fill you with all the love and compassion that these people need and that they will see Jesus because of it. :)

Stacy said...

First, I want to know why on earth your mother is online at 3:19am??!! JK. Take care of your health Kirstin...will pray for you ;~)

Sara said...

praying for you.

katie said...

i dont know you but you live in my home country. in a house i have spent long nights in, with people i love very much. i want you to know that i am praying. that your heart would be filled every minute in ways that only those little coffee-bean-colored people and Jesus can fill it. that you would find right in front of you every minute the HEART of God. that you would be so wrapped in His arms, you can hardly breathe.


love an african for me :)

Chasing_Hollywood said...

We miss you so much. Girls like peace need women like you to be their role models and inspiration. I think that so many people need to serve in trips like yours so when they come home, they appreciate what they have. You dont know what you have until it's gone or until you witness worst. I am keeping you in my prayers. We all are.
Love you!

Becky said...

Kirstin has pictures posted on her myspace page. yippee!!