Sunday, August 24, 2008

9 days going on 8ish

Today I bought 35 packs of crayons at 17 cents a box.
So excited to bring that over, I got some gum, chocolate (for mellisa and julie, just because they are females like myself and im sure the chocolate there is sick)
I also got some bubblegum for the kiddies and someother stuff.


Church today was good, I got to connect with Pastor Jeremy finally, and set up a time to meet with him. I also got to see the quilt the women at my church made for julie, and it was beautiful, cant wait to give it to her. I got to hang out with Hope and visit her grandpa in the hospital. I ate some chilicheesefries at aurthurs, and got to tell the waitresses about suubi. (ive been in there engouh they know my name and knotice when i get a new pircing ha) Dan came and picked me up for biblestudy at solid rock and it was good, we were reading in 1 thes 4. Its an interesting chapter that 1 thesilonians 4. Later in the night after the sun had set on our little bible study, and all the mosquitos came out we headed inside to watch THE GODS ARENT ANGRY by Rob Bell.
Im usually not a fan of Rob Bell just because of all of the hullaballo about him but i must say, thumbs up Mr Rob Bell for this guy.

It totally made me rethink the basics of my christian walk, and made me question weather or not i really understoon the sacrifice made at the cross, and the cultural relevance in it, now and back then. How great a God we have.

Sorry this little blog guy isnt that interesting, im just like, emotionally exausted and need to just spend some time, "with my face in the bible" as jacob would say.

thanks to everyone reading this, it means so much. I cant belive its only 8 days away now, its sureal.

i love you!


1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,

out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me,
O LORD;may your love and your
truth always protect me.
12 For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.
14 May all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.
15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
be appalled at their own shame.
16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"
17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.

No comments: