Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SO GOOD (7days!!)

Deuteronomy 7:9
Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God.He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
Deuteronomy 10:18
18 He ensures that orphans and widows receive justice.He shows love to the foreigners living among you and gives them food and clothing


We are here taught our duty to God in our principles and our practices. We must fear the Lord our God. We must love him, and delight in communion with him. We must walk in the ways in which he has appointed us to walk. We must serve him with all our heart and soul. What we do in his service we must do cheerfully, and with good will. We must keep his commandments. There is true honour and pleasure in obedience.We must give honour to God; and to him we must cleave, as one we love anddelight in, trust in, and from whom we have great expectations. We are here taught our duty to our neighbour. God's common gifts to mankind oblige us to honour all men. And those who have themselves been in distress, and have found mercy with God, should be ready to show kindness to those who are in the like distress. We are here taught our duty to ourselves. Circumcise your hearts. Cast away all corrupt affections and inclinations, which hinder you from fearing and loving God.By nature we donot love God. This is original sin, the source whence our wickedness proceeds; and the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be; so then they that are in the flesh cannot please God, Ro 8:5 to 9.Let us, without delay or reserve, come and cleave to our reconciled God in Jesus Christ, that we may love, serve, and obey him acceptably, and be daily changed into his image, from glory to glory, by theSpirit of the Lord. Consider the greatness and glory of God; and his goodness and grace; these persuade us to our duty. Blessed Spirit! Oh for your purifying, persevering, and renewing influences, that being called out of the state of strangers, such as our fathers were, we may be found among the number of the children of God, and that our lot may be among the saints.


You wisper your song over me,
im slow to answer, slow to speak
I found a safe place
How wide is your love
how high how deep its untouched
im not engough
i found a safe place in you
i found a safe place in you
remember the day you called my name
i was a stranger but you loved me the same
i found a safe place
how high is your love
how high how deep its untouched
im not enough
i found a safe place in you
i found a sage place in you
you are the one my heart is waiting for
you are my treasure
you are my key
you are the door
you hold me tight
you hold me quiet
you hold me still
how wide is your love
how deep how high
its untouched
and im not enough
i found a safe place in you
i found a safe place in you
-enter the worship circle



This week is going to go by so fast, and im so glad. Gods timing couldnt be better for this. I cant wait to meet Julie and Mellisa, I cant wait to fall in love with these kids and women. I cant wait to love people, ask anyone, thats all i want to do. I cant wait to HOLD people, hold thier hands, look into thier eyes, and see the endurance and perserverence. I cant wait to be changed. Im praying and praying that I would come back a different person. I have almost no fear of danger, i fear that i wont be changed, that i wont make myself availible, that i wont be vonerable to the spirit, that ill be stuck on whats going on at home. Theres this song by Jewel, well, im sure weve all heard it but i never really paid attention to what the words are:

If I could tell the world one thing
it would be that were all ok
and not to worry cause worry is wasteful
and usless in times like these
i wont be made usless
i wont be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear
My hands are small I know

this couldnt be more true for me. Praise God, man, He is doing such a crazy work in me. I am so stubborn, so untrusting in Gods faithfulness and provision, and I have a feeling that Ill be learning alot about Gods provision from the Suubi women. I cant wait to see thier beautiful faces.

Song of Songs 8:6
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm.For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. 7 Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it.

1 comment:

melissa said...

can't wait to meet you either!